06 March 2013

HELLO WORLD


“Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before.”
O.K. so I’m really not a Trekkie, but I love the mission statement.  I don’t know why more schools don’t adopt it as their own.  Something like:
The future; the final frontier. These are the voyages of Main Street High School.  Its four-year mission: to explore our world, to seek out the diversity of life and civilizations, to boldly explore where we have never gone before.
Don’t we as teachers hope to encourage a sense of wonder and adventure in our students? This blog is designed for teachers and maybe parents too.  I will describe my adventures in Morocco with Teachers for a Global Classroom and perhaps share my thoughts and insights about the way we educate our youth.
Welcome to The World is my Oyster

No comments:

Post a Comment